Like how Google Docs shows where other authors are on the document? Well Etherpad also has that functionality and it’s only a few clicks away!
Grab ep_cursortrace from your /admin/plugins page.
Markdown editing and export in Etherpad
Who doesn’t love Markdown? With ep_markdown you can use rich editing buttons and see rich edits and markdown together or toggle between markdown/up visibility. It’s really nice and a useful addition to Etherpad.
Grab ep_markdown from your /admin/plugins page.
Left, Center, Right and Justify Text in your pad. Great when paired up with ep_page_view for a richer editing experience.
Grab ep_align from your /admin/plugins page.
Stop Writing is a plugin for teachers and other pad owners to stop collaborators for writing, possibly to partake in a discussion or other announcement.
Grab ep_stop_writing from your /admin/plugins page.
Pad Stats is a commercial plugin but still really cool.
Get stats such as Character Count, Word Count, Revision Count, Saved Revision count and various Author Statistics.
* NEW: Authors can now send custom object messages to other Authors making 3 way conversations possible. This introduces WebRTC plugin support. (see ep_video_chat)
* NEW: Hook for Chat Messages Allows for Desktop Notification support (see ep_desktop_notifications)
* NEW: Ctrl S for save revision makes the Icon glow for a few sconds.
* NEW: Various hooks and expose the document ACE object
* NEW: Plugin page revamp makes finding and installing plugins more sane.
* NEW: Icon to enable sticky chat from the Chat box
* Fix: Cookies inside of plugins
* Fix: Don’t leak event emitters when accessing admin/plugins
* Fix: Don’t allow user to send messages after they have been “kicked” from a pad
* Fix: Refactor Caret navigation with Arrow and Pageup/down keys stops cursor being lost
* Fix: Long lines in Firefox now wrap properly
* Fix: Session Disconnect limit is increased from 10 to 20 to support slower restarts
* Fix: Support Node 0.10
* Fix: Log HTTP on DEBUG log level
* Fix: Server wont crash on import fails on 0 file import.
* Fix: Import no longer fails consistantly
* Fix: Language support for non existing languages
* Fix: Mobile support for chat notifications are now usable
* Fix: Re-Enable Editbar buttons on reconnect
* Fix: Clearing authorship colors no longer disconnects all clients
* Other: New debug information for sessions
Can you help us put together a team to deal with Etherpad Security policies and disclosure.
The teams scope will be to:
1. Create a Vulnerability disclosure policy.
2. Engage with security researchers and the wider community to discover security issues.
3. Encourage site admins to be aware of and patch security issues before disclosure.
4. Relay security issues to the developer team and promote action whilst maintaining discreetness.
5. Work with the testing team to write test specs to check for vulnerabilities.
If you are interested in getting involved drop us an email at email@example.com
we have recently received the results of a security audit performed by Mozilla and have since sought to close the biggest gaping loopholes.
The result of this effort is version 1.2.9 of Etherpad lite, which is probably the most secure version released so far. I’d also like to thank Sebastian Nerz for reporting a massive security issue last week.
Sadly, the latest patches have apparently caused some issues themselves that affect user experience and import functionality, so there’s still some work for us to do.Still, this shouldn’t hold you back from updating! For a complete list of changes see the changelog
Grab the latest version either via a simple `git pull` or via etherpad.org