EtherDraw is a collaborative drawing / painting / sketching tool brought for you by some of the Etherpad team.
You can enable integration with Etherpad by installing the ep_draw plugin
Grab it by doing:
git clone email@example.com:JohnMcLear/draw.git cd draw bin/run.sh
Thanks to our good friends at Mozilla, WikiMedia Foundation and Primary Technology we are proud to announce really-real time collaborative Slideshow presentations powered by Etherpad!
John McLear demonstrates a beta version at Mozilla earlier this year.
Get the slideshow plugin for Etherpad by installing Etherpad and visiting http://yourEtherpadURL/admin/plugins
Intro and etherpad-lite status from John McLear
Etherpad-Lite and MediaWiki from Mark Holmquist
Mozilla etherpad and teampad work by Rob Helmer
Transforming Text by David Greenspan
Sketchpad by Ari Bader-Natal
New things in node.js 0.10 by Isaac Z. Schlueter
How Openwatch uses Etherpad-Lite by Rich Jones
Ethersheet by Cooper Quentin and Ted Young
Sharejs by Joseph Gentle
Etherpad-lite history by Peter ‘Pita’ Martischka
Infradoom is a patch release to support broken session logic caused by an express update. Infradoom also has various other nice bits, bug fixes and patches.
From the changelog:
NEW: Broadcast slider is exposed in timeslider so plugins can interact with it
Fix: IE issue where pads wouldn’t load due to missing console from i18n
Fix: console issue in collab client would error on cross domain embeds in IE
Fix: Only Restart Etherpad once plugin is installed
Fix: Only redraw lines that exist after drag and drop
Fix: Pasting into ordered list
Fix: Import browser detection
Fix: 2 Part Locale Specs
Fix: Remove language string from chat element
Fix: Make Saved revision Star fade back out on non Top frames
Other: Remove some cruft legacy JS from old Etherpad
Other: Express 3.1.2 breaks sessions, set Express to 3.1.0
Show Other Authors Caret Location
Like how Google Docs shows where other authors are on the document? Well Etherpad also has that functionality and it’s only a few clicks away!
Grab ep_cursortrace from your /admin/plugins page.
Markdown editing and export in Etherpad
Who doesn’t love Markdown? With ep_markdown you can use rich editing buttons and see rich edits and markdown together or toggle between markdown/up visibility. It’s really nice and a useful addition to Etherpad.
Grab ep_markdown from your /admin/plugins page.
Left, Center, Right and Justify Text in your pad. Great when paired up with ep_page_view for a richer editing experience.
Grab ep_align from your /admin/plugins page.
Stop Writing is a plugin for teachers and other pad owners to stop collaborators for writing, possibly to partake in a discussion or other announcement.
Grab ep_stop_writing from your /admin/plugins page.
Pad Stats is a commercial plugin but still really cool.
Get stats such as Character Count, Word Count, Revision Count, Saved Revision count and various Author Statistics.
Mostly a bugfix release but we also introduce some new support and features, from the changelog.
We’re starting to gear up for 1.3 now and we have introduced a voting system for features.
* NEW: Authors can now send custom object messages to other Authors making 3 way conversations possible. This introduces WebRTC plugin support. (see ep_video_chat)
* NEW: Hook for Chat Messages Allows for Desktop Notification support (see ep_desktop_notifications)
* NEW: Ctrl S for save revision makes the Icon glow for a few sconds.
* NEW: Various hooks and expose the document ACE object
* NEW: Plugin page revamp makes finding and installing plugins more sane.
* NEW: Icon to enable sticky chat from the Chat box
* Fix: Cookies inside of plugins
* Fix: Don’t leak event emitters when accessing admin/plugins
* Fix: Don’t allow user to send messages after they have been “kicked” from a pad
* Fix: Refactor Caret navigation with Arrow and Pageup/down keys stops cursor being lost
* Fix: Long lines in Firefox now wrap properly
* Fix: Session Disconnect limit is increased from 10 to 20 to support slower restarts
* Fix: Support Node 0.10
* Fix: Log HTTP on DEBUG log level
* Fix: Server wont crash on import fails on 0 file import.
* Fix: Import no longer fails consistantly
* Fix: Language support for non existing languages
* Fix: Mobile support for chat notifications are now usable
* Fix: Re-Enable Editbar buttons on reconnect
* Fix: Clearing authorship colors no longer disconnects all clients
* Other: New debug information for sessions
We are now accepting votes for new plugins and feature requests.
You can also place a new feature or plugin request.
Scroll to a specific line number
Ever wanted to share an exist location in a pad with a user? Well now it’s easy, just append ?lineNumber=10 (for example) on the end of your pad URL and you can share the line :)
Grab the plugin ep_scrollto
Replace the Etherpad Chat with IRC
Grab the plugin ep_irc
Table of contents
Automatically create a table of contents for your pad.
Grab the plugin ep_table_of_contents
Can you help us put together a team to deal with Etherpad Security policies and disclosure.
The teams scope will be to:
1. Create a Vulnerability disclosure policy.
2. Engage with security researchers and the wider community to discover security issues.
3. Encourage site admins to be aware of and patch security issues before disclosure.
4. Relay security issues to the developer team and promote action whilst maintaining discreetness.
5. Work with the testing team to write test specs to check for vulnerabilities.
If you are interested in getting involved drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org